TOMORROW @ 10AM: Hearing on the Preparedness and Resilience of Critical Infrastructure and the Water Sector
(WASHINGTON) – Tomorrow, Wednesday, September 21st, the Committee on Homeland Security chaired by Rep. Bennie G. Thompson (D-MS), will hold a hearing to explore the preparedness and resilience of critical infrastructure, using the water sector as a case study. Committee Members will be able to ask witnesses about:
- The preparedness and resiliency challenges unique to the water sector, particularly considering recent issues with water infrastructure in Jackson, MS and other communities across the U.S.
- The nexus between environmental justice and the preparedness and resilience of critical infrastructure.
- The importance of ensuring underserved communities are not overlooked as Federal critical infrastructure dollars are distributed.
WHAT: Full Committee Hearing – Critical Infrastructure Preparedness and Resilience: A Focus on Water
WHEN: Wednesday, September 21 @ 10am EDT
WHERE: 310 Cannon House Office Building
- Hon. Craig Fugate, Former Administrator, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Mr. David Gadis, CEO and General Manager, DC Water
- Ms. Abre’ Conner, Director, Center for Environmental and Climate Justice, NAACP
- Mr. John O’Connell, III, Senior Vice President, National Rural Water Association
Updated info and livestream available here.
# # #
Adam Comis at 202-225-9978
Next Article Previous Article