TOMORROW @ 9AM: Hearing on Supporting Underserved Communities in Emergency Management
(WASHINGTON) – Tomorrow, July 19th, the Subcommittee on Emergency Preparedness, Response, and Recovery, chaired by Rep. Val Demings (D-FL), will hold a hearing to understand the needs of underserved or vulnerable populations before, during, and after emergencies and disasters. Members will hear from stakeholder and advocacy groups about their efforts to ensure the needs of these communities are planned for and met in emergency settings. Members are encouraged to ask the witnesses about what more the Federal government, specifically FEMA, could do to better serve these groups throughout the emergency management timeline and build local and state capacity to do the same.
WHAT: Subcommittee Hearing: Supporting Underserved Communities in Emergency Management
WHEN: Tuesday, July 19 @ 9am EDT
WHERE: 310 Cannon House Office Building
- Ms. Denise Bottcher, State Director, AARP Louisiana
- Ms. Barbara Ammirati, Senior Advisor Child Protection, Save the Children
- Ms. Marcie Roth, Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer, World Institute on Disability
- Mr. Antoine B. Richards, Chief of Staff, Institute for Diversity and Inclusion in Emergency Management
- Mr. Preston Bowlin, Director, Emergency Management Director, Emergency Management Division, Marion County
Updated info and livestream available here.
# # #
Adam Comis at 202-225-9978
Next Article Previous Article